Originally founded in 2007 the client is one of the leading publishers of social applications and
games for social networks and have become market leaders in their sector with over 100 million
users installing and using their applications. The client has also built some solid relationships
with the leaders in the gambling industry.
About the Job
Product Madness, part of Aristocrat Leisure, is a leading social and mobile gaming company with a focus on social casino games. We have published hit titles on Facebook and mobile platforms and have grown considerably in size over the past few years. With offices in London and San Francisco, we are currently looking to hire an allstar Technical Business Analyst at our London location to help build and expand our games. The candidate will have a solid technical background and will be working closely with the product, operations, development and QA teams. It is also essential to have a passion for working in an agile environment, while having an eye for detail and ensuring that the business roadmap is adhered to.
- Guide and manage the development process for one or more of our flash and mobile games, while planning the milestones and marshalling resources in the best way to ensure milestones are met.
- Be an active participant in games’ feature discussion and roadmap, ensuring that the business expectations and time frame are successfully managed.
- Act as a crucial interface between the product and the development teams, translating product requirements into a technical workflow, and developer comments into easy to understand issues.
- Work closely with the developers in order to coordinate server vs game communication.
- Be able to assess the risks of a project in order to mitigate them where necessary.
- Able to assess and liaise with 3rd party providers where necessary (audio, art, content, marketing).
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and/or prior work experience in a technical role (software developer, tester or technical analyst).
- Solid knowledge about client-server architectures and network concepts.
- Attention to detail. Ability to understand technical details of a system and foresee edge case scenarios and performance issues in a proposed solution.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written when explaining new systems, features and flows to technical audience and any blockages or issues to business and product teams.
- Ability to manage development and delivery across different locations and time zones.
- Flexible to travel.
- Experience in working in an agile development environment.
- Work experience in a games/mobile apps development studio.
- Experience in JIRA and managing development backlogs.
- Experience in writing detailed user stories, creating flow diagrams.
- Experience in relational databases and SQL.
- Experience in integration with third party systems.
- Passion for experience in social/mobile games field.
Up to 5% employer pension contribution with Aviva
Private Health insurance with Vitality (once completed Probation)
Full dental insurance (once completed Probation)
Long term disability insurance
25 days holiday pro rata
Events throughout the year
Free coffee shop/free food throughout the week