Product Madness are currently looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our expanding team. The role will involve an analytical approach to helping us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data which will contribute to making smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis and building high quality prediction systems integrated within our products. The ideal applicant will have an interest in gaming domain and have a real passion for data.
Skills and Requirements
- Be able to build new data product.
- Participate in “deep-dive” research projects, such as detailed product analysis, customer segmentation and lifetime value analysis.
- Identify potential business opportunities within your area and scope/design approaches to capture those opportunities.
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB-tests and work with teams to ensure correct implementation allowing easy, precise analysis of the impact.
- Develop an analysis strategy and perform complex scenarios and AB-tests, both systematically and on a one-off basis.
- Carefully check, debug and problem solve issues to ensure you deliver accurate and clear analysis reports quickly, even when confronted by subtle data complications.
- Provide an analytics perspective to discussions and prioritisation within your team, so that the overall team selects the right ideas to work on.
- Be the pro-active owner of the entire data chain for your game(s).
- You’ll be an excellent team player, with a flexible attitude.
- Have conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional communication skills with both written and verbal content.
- Have a passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing.
- Be able to manage people, time and resources.
- Focus and dedication to culture.
- An analytical/ data-driven approach.
- Must have good understanding and experience in the following; Python (pandas, scikit-learn, pymc3, statsmodels, bokeh, mpl), SQL, Jupyter notebooks, AWS Redshift, Apache Spark, S3, Spark, Scala, MongoDB, Tableau, bokeh.
Product Madness burst into life in 2007 as the brainchild of two Stanford Business MBA graduates who possessed an innate love of gaming. Initially, the entrepreneurs developed casual games for Facebook and mobile, before having a ‘light-bulb moment’ in 2009 and refocusing their efforts with laser-guided precision on the exploding social casino genre. They have been bringing world-class social slots to real slots fans ever since! Now part of Aristocrat Leisure, Product Madness have published hit titles Heart of Vegas, Cashman Casino and FaFaFa on Facebook, iOS and Android platforms and have grown considerably in size over the past year with offices in London, Austin, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
Product Madness’ dedication to promoting diversity and inclusion is clearly reflected in all our content and across all our platforms. Diversity is more than a commitment at Product Madness—it is in the core values of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, maternity, marriage or civil partnership, religion, race and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
What is great about working at Product Madness?
A spacious kitchen in our state of the art office in swanky Farringdon which includes free cereal, fruit and onsite Barista, weekly breakfast and lunches plus an awesome games room that includes table tennis, PlayStation, Foosball table and Yoga studio. On top of this we have a top 25 grossing app!!!
- Up to 5% employer pension contribution with Aviva
- Private Health insurance with Vitality
- Full dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Bonus scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eyecare vouchers
- Events throughout the year
- Free coffee shop/free food throughout the week
- Subsidised Gym